The Foster Process
1. You have already completed step one by submitting a foster application form.
2. New applications take up to 1 week to process. Please be patient with us as we only have 1 member of staff who deals with applications this process may take a little longer if we are experiencing a high volume of applications. We aim to acknowledge your application by e-mail within 1 week.
(Please check your junk mailbox as often our 1st email we send goes into here)
3. If we have a potential dog match for you, you will receive a call back or email from one of the team to discuss your ideal dog and requirements and book a viewing if we have a match for you. If we do not have a match, you will be added to our waiting list until a match arrives at the centre, and then we will contact you.
If we leave messages/emails and you do not get back to us within 1 week we will delete your application. Unfortunately this does happen and takes up large amounts of time for our staff. We are unable to continuously try to contact people who do not return our calls/emails. To get back on the waiting list you will have to re-submit an application.
4. Make an appointment to see the dogs you have been matched with who appear most ideal to your lifestyle, bring photo and address ID so we can verify you.
5. Take the potential foster dog out for a walk, out for the day to your home, and get to know them in every way possible over a week or so.
6. A homecheck will be carried out by one of our staff or volunteers.
Remember you can't choose a dog from a picture or from the first meeting. You need to get to know the dog, see how they fit into your home, family and life. That way when you do sign the adoption contract you know it will be forever.